- A 3 days Conference on Financial Inclusion and Payment Systems Security
- ITSERT-Nepal presenting on APCERT and OIC-CERT AGM & Annual Conference 2015
- ITSERT-NP presenting on the paper titled “Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Practice- Lesson Learned after Nepal’s EarthQuake”
- The 1st Cyber Security & Cyber Law Conference 2015 held with great success !!!
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Date: 26th, 27th & 28th November, 2015
(10th,11th & 12th Mangshir 2072)
Time: 10 am – 5 pm
Venue: Hotel Annapurna, Durbarmarg, Kathmandu
Title: Information Security in Financial Institution
Theme: Financial Inclusion and Payment Systems Conference
ITSERT-NP in line with Government of Nepal’s agenda to promote Financial Inclusion throughout the length and breadth of the country through the means of DBT, easier payment mechanisms, announces its first edition of Financial Inclusion & Payments Systems (FIPS) Summit 2015, Conference in November 2015. By bringing together the various stakeholders of the Banking and Financial Sector, the conference will highlight the seminal role that the Government, Banks, NRB, Payment Companies, are playing to promote Financial Inclusion.
2. Targeted Audience
The Conference especially focuses to the participation from financial institutions’ stakeholders, CFOs, CTOs, IT Heads an IT professionals. Representatives from Commercial Bank, Development Bank, financial institutions and their associations are the targeted participants of the Conference. In addition, representative from concerned governmental bodies, Concerned Information security personnel, ITSERT-NP Officials and Members, expert, and policy makers and other Stakeholders will also be invited to attend the Conference.
3. Guest and Representative from
• Ministries, Departments
• Nepal Rastra Bank
• Bank and Financial institutions
• Security Organizations
4. Track of the conference
1. Current Payment Systems and Infrastructure
2. C2G and B2B Payments Technology
3. Benefits to the Stakeholders
4. Banking Technology
5. Cash Less Payment system
7. Card Services
8. Financial Inclusion and Security Issues
5. How to get involved
Key Dates are:
– Submission of abstract: 15th November, 2015
– Notice of selection: 16th November, 2015
– Submission of Final Version 19th November, 2015
Send your abstract within given date by email.
• Anyone who is interested can send abstract from given topics.
• Fill your details in given admission form
(Speakers who had been selected will get complimentary registration of the Conference.)
• Selected paper presenter (foreigner) will get free lodging during the time of Conference.
• Students: US$ 50.00 or NPR 5,000/-
• Professionals: US$ 150.00 or NPR 15,000/-
• Corporate: US$ 250 NPRs. 25000/- for two participants
• Members of ITSERT-NP, NPR 5,000/-
The conference package includes an admission to the main conference for all days, conference kit. Fees will also cover lunch and refreshments during the conference days. For overseas Participation, ticket to visit Gala dinner, cultural dinner (participant needs to indicate on their registration form).This cost doesn’t include your ticket, lodging and food. Interested participants for the Kathmandu tour package need to pay $50.00 extra.
PLEASE CONTACT FOR FURTHER DETAILS:
Organizing Committee of Financial Inclusion and Payment Systems Security
Information Technology Security Emergency Response Team Nepal (ITSERT-NP),
E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org URL: http://www.itsert-np.org
Click to download Membership Application Form here Membership_Application_Form
ITSERT-Nepal will be presenting on the APCERT and OIC-CERT AGM & Annual Conference 2015 as a guest organisation which is going to be held on 6 – 10 September 2015 | The Royale Chulan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Please click the below link for further information about the event. More Info >>>
ITSERT-NP presenting on the paper titled “Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Practice- Lesson Learned after Nepal’s EarthQuake”
Mr. Rajan Raj Pant, chairman of ITSERT-NP will be presenting on the paper titled “Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Practice- Lesson Learned after Nepal’s EarthQuake” in The International Conference on Cyber Law, Cyber Crime & Cyber Security 2015 which will be held on 19th November, 2015 at New Delhi, India. Read complete article
Date: 19– 21February 2015 (Thursday–Saturday)
Venue: Hotel Yak and Yeti, Durbarmarg, Kathmandu
Title: Information Technology Security & Law Conference 2015
Theme: Secure you Secure Nation
ITSERT-NP had organized The 1st International Conference on Cyber Security and Cyber Law 2015 with the theme “Secure you SecureNation.” This conference was first of its kind in Nepal with the objective of providing a creative and productive platform for the professional in the field of Information Technology Security and Cyber Law. We at, ITSERT-NP, felt that professionals in the field of cyber security and cyber law form a large part of the information society. But, they lacked enough exposure and experience to cope with the challenges as well as to grasp the vistas of opportunities with which they would be welcomed when they enter the professional IT realm. With the motive of empowering such new generation ITSERT-NP, had started organizing various programs sticking to its objective. Moreover, it was noted that the speakers of the above-mentioned conference were the experienced experts, several CSIRT representatives who shared their experience on cyber security incident response.
The program was held on 19 – 21 February2015 (Thursday –Saturday) at Hotel Yak and Yeti, Durbarmarg, Kathmandu, Nepal. The participants of the program were professionals, lawyers, security experts, students, government employee, enterprise businessmen from different organization, IT professionals, other interested members of society.
Information Technology Security Emergency Response Team of Nepal (ITSERT-NP), organized this conference for the first time in Nepal with the primary objective of spreading awareness about cyber security and cyber law to the people and organizations as well as enabling them to identify their role in this sector. The objectives of this conference were as follows:
- To provide CSIRT representatives and IT Security experts to demonstrate and share their gained knowledge and make their mark in IT arena.
- To establish a CSIRT community in Nepal.
- To empower and encourage the participation in understanding Cyber Security.
- To accumulate the demands and challenges of professionals in IT sector.
- To understand the gap between technology and law with the present security threats and challenges.
- To provide inputs and/or recommendations to help address legal issues related to cyber security.
- To act as a central platform for cyber security to meet and strengthen regional cooperation
Organizer of the Event
Information Technology Security Emergency Response Team, Nepal (ITSERT-NP) is a forum for all ICT Security Professional, entrepreneurs and Organizations in Nepal. ITSERT-NP is non-profitable and non-political organization established in 2014 with main objectives of enhancing local and international cooperation on Information Security IT Security awareness to every level of personnel by organizing different level of programs on different base along with updated and suitable resources. The forum targets at the security of IT Sectors, by making active participation in all events. It aims at providing its members with an environment where their skill, expertise and professionalism can groom and mature so that they can be in better position. The primary objective of ITSERT-NP is to bring together the IT security professional of the country under a single umbrella and become their united voice and slogan as well. ITSERT-NP provides the services of incident response and incident handling to its members and other organizations and people who really need for it and request to ITSERT-NP.
- The IT Security professionals were the speakers of the conference.
- Papers from APCERT and FIRST and its member economies
- Professional papers from the industry expert.
- Speaker were selected after receiving abstract sent by professional.
The event received 100 national and international delegates and guests from the world. They were mainly representing national and private CSIRT communities, Professionals and IT experts, CIO, COO and other interested delegates.
Highlights of the conference
- Updated knowledge on key security areas that matter both locally and globally, commercially and personally.
- Understand emerging technologies and the security issues.
- Prominent speakers from CSIRT communities.
- Sharing knowledge and experience by personal meeting at the time of conference.
- Keynotes by famous visionaries and pioneers of the IT security sector
- Powerful conference agenda to keep you up to date.
- Focused tracks covering the entire spectrum of the ICT paradigm
Track of the conference
- Cyber Crime and Cyber Law
- Incident Handling
- Digital Forensic Techniques, Tools and Law
- Fraud on Financial Inclusion and Payment Instrument
- Sexual Abuse of Children on Internet and Security Standards
- E-Governance and Secured IT Infrastructure
- Certifications on Information Security
- New Threats on Information Security